Good news! Trade show marketing expert and author, Marlys Arnold, created a series of teleclasses for exhibitors of all types and sizes, which is now available in a training kit!
It doesn’t matter if you’re headed to your first trade show or your 51st — there are steps you might be missing that can make you more successful! That’s why Marlys set out over a decade ago to help exhibitors make the most of every exhibiting experience. The ExhibitorEd Success System is a compilation of these tips and tools to make you more successful.
As an exhibitor, do you ever feel:
- Clueless; not sure how to even begin to put together a trade show marketing program
- Overwhelmed; don’t know how to get it all done
- Underprepared; not able to handle the traffic at the show
Reasons why exhibitors fail:
- Setting unrealistic goals
- Assuming people will magically show up in their booth
- Sending a staff that hasn’t been properly trained
- Judging people by their looks or their name badge
- Over-pitching instead of listening
Instead, imagine how you’ll feel when:
- You set realistic goals for exhibiting … and achieve them!
- Your pre-show marketing draws eager people to your booth.
- Your exhibit stands out from all the others at the show and creates a buzz.
- Your staff knows exactly how to behave in the booth and properly engage visitors.
- Your leads are followed up efficiently and successfully within days of the show.
Learn what smart exhibitors know!
This series has been developed with all types of exhibitors in mind. Whether you’re an exhibiting novice or old pro, you’ll find topics that suit your needs. Just think how much you’ll save by avoiding mistakes like these over the coming months!
Your ExhibitorEd Success System includes six audio CDs with accompanying workbooks, each designed to enhance the return on your exhibiting experience. These practical step-by-step tips and expert insights will provide real-world examples that you can replicate in your own programs. You’ll also be invited to join a private Facebook group where you can interact with ExhibitorEd trainer Marlys Arnold as well as other exhibitors participating in the class. You’ll even find a Second Opinion Certificate tucked inside the workbook, which entitles you to a basic critique of either your booth design or promotions.
Training modules include:
Session 1 – Setting Goals/Researching Shows
Why do so many exhibitors skip this important step? Before you begin your exhibiting plan, it’s always wise to put some thought into it and develop measurable goals. In this session, you’ll learn:
- Why attendees really come to shows
- The formula for setting leads goals
- Criteria for selecting shows where you should exhibit
Bonus items include: Trade Show Budget to Actual worksheet, Show Comparison worksheet
Session 2 – Exhibit Theme & Design
Too many exhibitors start by throwing objects together to create a display. Instead, determine how all elements of your plan will tie together, then use design elements such as color to convey one unified marketing message. Discover how to:
- Craft your core message and translate it into a theme
- Design an experiential exhibit
- Make small spaces produce big results
Bonus items include: Exhibit Design Planning form, Language of Color chart
Session 3 – ‘People Power!’
No matter how great your display, the real power comes from the people chosen to staff your booth. A poorly trained or unprepared booth staff can spoil an otherwise successful exhibit marketing plan and contradict the impression your company has worked hard to create. Avoid this mistake by understanding how to:
- Choose the right booth staffers
- Craft a winning opening line
- Qualify attendees quickly, and disengage with finesse
Bonus item includes: Booth Staffing Manual Contents checklist
Session 4 – Creative Promotions
Just because you build a great booth doesn’t mean the crowds will come. And don’t assume that it’s the show organizer’s job to bring in all the traffic. Promotions can take many forms and don’t have to cost a fortune — they just have to be effective at creating buzz! In this session, you’ll learn:
- Promotions for before and during the show
- 3 Characteristics of great giveaways
- 12+ Low-cost promotions
Bonus items include: Booth Attraction Comparison chart, Sponsorship Opportunities idea list
Session 5 – Lead Management & ROI
If you don’t have a system in place to manage leads, follow up, and measure your results, you might as well skip the exhibiting experience altogether. This session teaches how to:
- Define a qualified lead
- Follow up effectively (5 Keys)
- Track the 10 key measurements of ROI success
Bonus item includes: Exhibit Evaluation Form
Bonus Session! – ‘Podcasts, Wikis & Blogs … Oh, My!’
Are you using these Web 2.0 tools to promote your exhibits? Explore how you can expand your reach and generate buzz by creating a blog or podcast, using social networking pages, and sharing photos or videos online. After this session, you’ll understand key online tools that will help you:
- Inform and entertain attendees
- Inspire communication and build your platform
- Allow user-generated content from attendees
Bonus item includes: Web 2.0 Tools chart
While trade shows have existed since the days of the Medieval fairs in Europe or the traveling caravans in Arabia, today’s shows are far more complex. It’s no longer about simply showing your wares and closing a sale on the spot with a slick sales pitch. Today the focus has shifted to using your exhibit as a three-dimensional marketing tool to create and define your unique brand — a living personality for your company.
At the same time, attention spans are shorter and people are looking for instant gratification.You must create an experience that is cutting-edge and fun, as well as educational.Yet you can’t rely on technology to do the selling for you. Business is still built on relationships, and what better way to foster relationships than at a trade show?
Don’t spend any more time trying to figure it all out by yourself! Marlys has put together the ExhibitorEd Success System to provide you with the tools you need to make your next trade show experience the best one yet.
“I’m glad to have the ExhibitorEd series in a kit so we can refer to it over and over. The timing and content of this series was extremely valuable and well thought out. I appreciated being able to use the information while developing our trade show materials for the new year.”
So … how can you take advantage of this series?
Simply click on the button below and you’ll be directed to an order page.
This entire series is only $247, which means that for less than the price of the average plane ticket, you can gain priceless tips for your exhibit program! And the best part is you don’t have any travel expense or time away to take this class.